I bought a Kindle at the beginning of the summer and read an more books on it than I care to admit. So far I’ve just been throwing in my purse to take it to the coffee shop or for waiting at the Tire store. I wasn’t willing to spend $50 on a cover, but I also didn’t want my beloved Kindle to be damaged! So I decided to crochet a sleeve for it!
I added a magnetic button and flower to disguise it:
Kindle Cover Directions:
- Make a chain that is slightly shorter then the width of the Kindle.
- 1 Single crochet (sc) in second chain from hook, 1 sc in each stitch across, 2sc in last stitch.
DO NOT turn your work.
- Going around the other side of the original chain, 2sc in first stitch, 1sc in each stitch across, 2sc in last stitch.
- Keep doing step 3, only increasing at the end, until it fits the bottom of your Kindle snugly
- Keep single crocheting in each stitch until it covers your Kindle.
- To make the flap start crocheting back and forth rather than in the round until your flap is the right length.
- Add a magnetic button:
Happy Hooking…and Reading!